Call for Nominations: Kenneth J. Hirsh Distinguished Service Award
The CS-SIS Awards Committee invites nominations for the Kenneth J. Hirsh Distinguished Service Award.
This award honors a CS-SIS member who has made outstanding contributions to the SIS, to AALL, and who is well regarded for their service to the profession. The inaugural award recipient was Ken Hirsh, in whose honor the award is named.
* Outstanding leadership through committee work, service on the executive board, involvement in special projects or other activities
* Participation in professional development activities in furtherance of the section and its interests, including educational program planning and presentations
* Involvement with mentoring activities to foster interest and participation in the section and its activities
* Evidenced commitment to the section, its purpose, and its role within the association in furtherance of the law library profession
To be eligible for the award, a nominee must be an active or retired member of the section.
Section officers are not eligible for this award during their term of office.
Nominations must include:
* A letter of nomination, including the candidate’s full name, title, and institution name and address. If the candidate is retired, include name, home address, and most recent former employer;
* A narrative supporting the nomination, to include a discussion of the candidate’s contributions to the section and to law librarianship; and
* The name, e-mail address, and phone number of the nominating party.
Nominations must be received electronically or in paper by March 15, 2013. Nominations should be submitted to:
Head of Library Technology and Instructional Support
McGeorge School of Law
3282 5th Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95817