AALL Leadership Academy accepting applications
This just in: the AALL leadership academy is accepting applications now through June 30. The academy will take place Friday Oct. 16 through Saturday Oct. 17 in Oak Brook, IL. According to the info AALL sent out, the academy is designed to help participants gain key leadership skills and strategies, such as:
- Identify and capitalize on your unique strengths while understanding how they may differ from others on your team.
- Frame productive questions to understand your role in your workplace and the profession.
- Expand your capacity for strategic thinking and decision mapping.
- Increase your visibility to show the value you bring to your organization.
- Learn to work effectively with varied personalities and bridge generations.
- Increase your capacity for creativity, innovation, and fresh ideas.
- Build trust by translating your values into a vision for your leadership and organization.
Participants will use self assessment tools, group exercises, case studies, and skill practice to develop key signatures of leadership. The academy features speaker Dr. Barbara Mackoff , an expert in the psychology of effective leadership.
The Leadership Academy takes place at the Hyatt Lodge in Oak Brook, IL, which is about 30 miles west of Chicago. But wait! The full name of the hotel is The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus and its website has this to say: “Enter this once-private retreat to experience an Oak Brook hotel unlike any other. The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald’s Campus offers exemplary amenities in an unparalleled setting. Featuring the renowned event venues of Hamburger University (emphasis added), acres of lush forestry filled with an outdoor team challenge adventure course and extensive choices for fun.”
Cost of the Leadership Academy for AALL members is $250 and you can fill out the application online.